Put simply ‘Quality Commercial Kit’ is exactly what we offer. Hitting that quality mark is why we are in business and our commitment to the highest standards has made us into a market leader that has been around for over 30 years.
Useful info about our company
Van Guard – as the name suggests, means we are at the forefront of the commercial vehicle accessory market.
Integrated design and manufacturing reacting quickly to market changes and future proofing products.
Member of the Made in Britain campaign and are proud that our products are made in the UK.
Based at Exeter Airport Business Park, with excellent transport links to the whole of the UK.
A recent survey of tradesmen found 75% would buy the Ulti Bar over its biggest competitive premium product
Cheaper than premium competitor products
The Ulti Bar is on average 60% cheaper than our biggest competitor's premium product
copy of the plant list to SWEB, which would result in some exciting developments in the coming years. In the meantime though, the company pressed on with projects including designing and manufacturing scaffolding and staging for British Aerospace.
The SWEB order for ladder racks was merely the start. A company experiencing difficulties with vehicle break-ins assigned GK Land to design and manufacture rear window grilles to protect their vans. Safe to say, the grilles were (and still are) a great success resulting in the company discussing the possibility of marketing the grilles to a wider audience.
– GK Land began developing a range of products for light commercial vehicles, these included the now famous window grilles as well as roof racks (roof bars), internal van racking and tool stores under the name of Van Guard.
– Shortly after the Millennium and having amassed over 50 years in the business, Gerald Land retires and his son, Mark, becomes Managing Director before appointing Clive James to the position.
– With over 20 years experience making roof bars for vans, in 2013 we developed what we and many others consider to be the ultimate van roof bar – The ULTI Bar. Stronger, quieter, more fuel efficient, more adaptable and probably the best looking heavy duty roof bar on the market, the ULTI Bar has revolutionised the light commercial vehicle market. Find out more about the
– From our beginnings as L&P Engineering, we have always been proud of our British background as well as supporting our local community and in 2014 we have embraced this fully by signing up to the ‘Made in Britain’ campaign. The campaign is accredited to businesses that sell goods manufactured in the UK, like the ULTI Bar. Find out more about the
– Throughout our history we have been at the forefront of technological advances and in September we acquired a Bystronic Fiber Laser Cutter machine to improve the quality of our products whilst increasing the speed, flexibility and capacity of production. More on this exciting new machine can be found
The growth and success of Van Guard as a company does not just lie with us, but our distributors, customers and staff, thank you. 2014 has been an exceptional year for Van Guard and we can’t wait to see what the future holds. Watch this space…
Here at Van Guard, we are very much a family business. Our ethos and personnel have made Van Guard the company it is today.
But who is behind the company’s success? Click the profiles below to find out more about some of the people that keep the company moving forward.
Renowned for our Award winning Van Roof Rack and Roof Bar systems, we design and manufacture a range of high quality, hard wearing van accessories to help keep your van kit safe and secure.
Van Guard Accessories Ltd, Exeter Airport Business Park, Exeter, Devon EX5 2UL
Company Registration No: 1263262 VAT No: GB 142 8660 64